- Crosswind by Mo'Fone
- Honest Opinion by UAF - Feat. Eric McFadden
- Kick It With Me Now by Blackwash
- Blood & Silver by Jessie Evans
- Speakeasy by Brent Goodbar
- Love Conquers All by Scott Katsura
- Bring The World by Jessica Will
- Breathing (Instrumental Ver) by KB
- Come Home by Marquis Canaan Da Lion
- I'm Good To Me by Go Indi (Indigo)
- Piano Sonata #3 by P. D. Witter w/Fred Horowitz, piano
- Run 2 U by Shawn Michael Perry
- Mosquito's Buzz by KB
- Culbutos by Djizoes
- In My Blood by Star & Dagger
- Kool by Mo'Fone
- I Feel Love by ElectroSexual & Sunday Luv
- Flower Lei by Scott Katsura
- Class Magic by Jessie Evans
- Life String by Scouts Honor
- Bookenka (The Adventurer) by Ancient Future
- Got me Like by Marquis Canaan Da Lion
- Dog Star (Fly On) by Blackbyrd McKnight w/ G. Clinton and P-Funk
- What Do by Go Indi (Indigo)
- West Wham by KB
- Untouchable by Stimulator
- No Tomorrow by Jessica Will
- Let Me On by Jessie Evans
Progressive Funk-Rock / Los Angeles
Dewayne "Blackbyrd" McKnight was grooved in the cradle by his father's broad collection of jazz recordings as an infant, brainwashed by Jimi Hendrix in his teens, entered the University of Funk in his twenties, and has never stopped evolving and rocking people ever since.
In the early stages of his career, Blackbyrd mainly worked with Jazz musicians, such as Charles Lloyd, Sonny Rollins, Herbie Hancock & the Headhunters, and more. He then directed his path towards funk when he joined the P-Funk Camp in 1978 and funked people up for 30 years. He was the musical director of George Clinton andâ€¨Parliament/Funkadelic from 1980 to 2008.
Other than working with P-Funk artists such as George Clinton, Bootsy Collins, and Bernie Worrell, Blackbyrd has also worked with Miles Davis, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ron Wood & Bernard Fowler of the Rolling Stones, Bill Laswell, HR of Bad Brains, Macy Gray, Fishbone, and Wyzard of Mothers Finest to name but a few.
Blackbyrd McKnight calls his musical style which is fusion of jazz, funk and rock - "Progressive Funk-Rock". In this audio interview he talks about his past and present history, as well as tips for staying on top of your game as an artist. This is not to be missed!
Blackbyrd's first solo album "Bout Funkin' Time" is now released. Please grab yours!
On The Web:
Copyright Your Material Today! $150.
ARTISTHEAD -The Musician's Complete Business Resource
Call 1.877.252.2750 or email us to schedule a free 15-minute consultation.
New York, New Orleans
Star & Dagger is the blues/metal act formed by veterans Sean Yseult (x-White Zombie, Famous Monsters & Rock City Morgue), and Dava She Wolf (x-Cycle Sluts...
Rock/Acid Folk/ Progressive/Electronica / London
Known as the first female lead-vocalist of a heavy rock band, Sonja Kristina first appeared on a stage at the age of thirteen.